Thursday 14 August 2008

beginings

Well my name is colin brown im the loving father of two , lewis 6 and emily 1 i suppose i better explain how i ended up in the state i am now. I have never really had a proper job doing mainly seasonal work at the local holiday camp not as much fun as you d imagine , been to college twice failed both times now that might make you think im a bit thick giving the fact that the percentage of children leaving primary school not being able to read is going up but at the same time so is the exam pass rate? first time i went to college i was on the new deal scheme by the jobcentre and as such i was allowed 10 days off during the entire course which obviously i had in the first month so funding was withdrawn and it was back to signing on. skip forward a couple of years and still no employment opportunity's and now my first child is on the way so i decide to try the course again but this time as a proper bursary funded student. The day before the course started my son Lewis was born so you can imagine how difficult the first few months of college were not being able to get a decent nights sleep but still i managed to do my work in class. the reason i failed that time was i didn t have access to a computer outside of the college which is a bit of a disadvantage when your doing a computing course so a year down the line deadlines caught up with me and i never completed my programming project which was 40% of the final award. things finally took a turn for the better about a year later when i landed my first job as an arcade attendant at Craig Tara holiday camp but as mentioned before this is a seasonal job so come November im unemployed again start again in march but this time my fiance starts with me working in the reception and this is where my troubles really begin(and i ll finish this later)

No comments: